|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, and using knowledge of steel fabrication and erection techniques and demands, but materials for current contracts and change orders.
- Using information provided by Estimators and Detailers, work with steel mills to schedule arrival of materials to coordinate with vendor requirements, our Shop schedules and the schedules of subcontractor shops.
- Ensure the terms of purchase and prices of materials adhere to contractual or negotiated pricing parameters.
- Schedule the specifics of size, shape and length of required materials to enable ease of flow through the fabrication process.
- Follow jobs in progress to expedite or delay shipments as needed to control inventory and expenses.
- Interface with various levels of management with differing demands.
- Manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
Experience, Education & Training:
High School Diploma or equivalent with demonstrable progress towards professional certification (for example APICS) or industry specific education or training in detailing, estimating or fabrication. 2-3 years directly related purchasing experience in the steel fabrication business.
Specialized Knowledge & Skill
Demonstrated knowledge of basic business and purchasing principles; Basic knowledge and understanding of steel construction in terms of required materials; General understanding of Advanced Bill of Materials, Bill of Landings, and Pruchase Order Processing.
Type Equipment Used:
Personal computer; phone/fax; Computer Software includes: MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Fabtrol.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
General vicinity of work is indoors in an office environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.