To provide the labor, skill and knowledge in performing surface preparation for coating applications per job specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and layout work orders or receive instructions from supervisor regarding cleaning.
- Reading piece mark numbers.
- Writing piece mark numbers and compiling the hours used to accomplish each task.
- Use of grinders, chippers, sanders, and overhead cranes as needed.
- Need to know SSPC Codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to nuisance fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts: high, precarious places; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must regularly wear a respirator. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.