|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division:||Schuff Steel - Gulf Coast|
Assists workers engaged in fabrication of structural or metal products by performing the following duties as needed and required.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Lifts, positions, and removes workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding.
• Holds tape and rods and marks reference points to assist in layout.
• Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
• Attaches rope or grappling equipment to workpieces to prepare workpiece for moving by crane or jib.
• Cleans and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping.
• Paints metal stocks.
• Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
• Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
• Perform other routine duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Equipment generally used includes but is not limited to overhead cranes, forklifts and hand grinders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Frequently perform vertical lift and carry of material weighing up to 70lbs; Frequently push and/or pull material using up to 80lbs of force; Frequently grips materials and tools using 10lbs of force; Frequently climb steps up to 24 inches in height; Frequently performs repetitive postures such as standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping and crawling; Frequently utilizes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and focus adjustments; Frequently required to hear and communicate verbally; Frequently exposed to extreme heat, extreme cold, wet and humid conditions; Occasionally works with chemicals and electricity; Frequently exposed to high noise levels, fumes and airborne particles.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.